BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 27 July 2006, 07:02AM
  On July, 2, 2006 at 7 months old INT/NAT BA CH Kyrie's Questionable Virtue won Best in Show puppy at the IABCA shows.

She also earned her JU.A youth championship, 3, 1st in Group and 2 Best in Show Bred-By puppy. 

She even beat out my Siberian puppy girl for the Best in Show win.

Judges pictured are:
 Dr. Steve Keating (AKC & International Judge)
Peggy Conger (AKC Judge)
Mrs. Honey Glendinning (Canadian KC Judge)

Mrs. Glendinning was very impressed with Ree's personality, movement and breed type and likes the Bangkaew breed very much. 
Ree, Best in Show
Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew Dogs

ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Thursday, 27 July 2006, 01:25PM

Congratulation !

This is the first time I see Thai Bangkaew  Dog  posted(shown) with sitting position.

Usually, I will see the owner  trying  to show his dog's tail and  body in standing position.

I am not sure is there any rule or practice for this.

as I am not a professional show-dog runner. ช่างคิด

How about Siberian Husky ? 

However, Ree looks great and charming.

Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 27 July 2006, 10:19PM
  Usually I do take pictures with the dog 'stacked' in a four square standing position.  With puppies I do on occasion take a sitting picture. 

With Ree, she'd had 2 very long days of showing, 2 shows per day and was tired out.  She didn't want to stack again for the picture so we just took a sitting one. I wanted a picture of the win, but didn't want to stress her just for a picture.

I also take sitting pictures of dogs getting obedience legs or titles.

I'm taking some portrait pictures of her, Thai-ger and Spice later this week and I'll post them so you can see how they're growing up.  A publisher contacted me and wants some pictures of them to use in a calender for next year.

Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Saturday, 29 July 2006, 05:39AM

Looking forward to seeing their portrait pictures.

I  found REE's father, Namlaph, in stacked position, let  me link it here for reference.

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1275

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Monday, 31 July 2006, 01:22AM
  Calender pictures for Ree:
Ree

Amanda
โดย Amanda Gibney - Monday, 31 July 2006, 01:23AM
  More Ree:
Ree

Amanda
โดย Amanda Gibney - Monday, 31 July 2006, 01:25AM
  Thai-ger's (INT/NAT BA CH Kyrie's Thai One On) calender picture:Thai-ger

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 12:20PM

ต้องถามคุณจิตติหรือผู้รู้แล้วว่า

ขมิ้นกับนำลาภไม่ใส่แว่น    ทำไมลูกออกมาถึงใส่แว่นชัดขนาดนี้   หรือว่า ไปอยู่เมืองหนาวมา   ปูย่าตายายของ Ree และ Thai-ger มีใส่แว่นชัดขนาดนี้บ้างไหม  

มองดูอีกที  ก็เท่ห์ไม่เบา   ท่าทางคงแก่เรียน  ช่างคิด

http://www.bangkaew.com/kyrie/NumlophCurmim3.jpg

from http://www.thai-bangkaew.com/KyrieBangkaew/index.html

Hi, Amanda, can't  help to ask a question.

The last 2 pictures of Ree and Thai-ger looks very  cute. They look like genius, wearing  glasses.  Their parents, Namlaph and Kamint, in the above picture  do not show their glasses clearly.  How about others in the same litter ?

โดย jitti r - Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 10:40PM

ตอบพี่วิเชียร ... ขมิ้นกับนำลาภ มีแว่นตาแน่นอน แต่พอโตมากๆแล้ววงของแว่นตาสีมันหนาขึ้นเลยมองกลืนกับสีหน้า แต่จะสังเกตุว่าวงในสีจะจางลงครับ ดูรูป

โดย jitti r - Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 10:42PM

ให้ดูเจ้าลิ่ว ที่เป็นหลาน ของมอร์แกนจะมีแว่นตา ในช่วงเล็กๆ เราจะเรียกว่าหน้าลิง
โดย jitti r - Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 10:47PM

และดูเจ้า ตาล ซึ่งเป็นลูก ของ ขมิ้น +มอร์แกน  มีขอบตาเป็นแว่นเหมือนกัน แต่ขอบจะหนามาก  จริงๆแล้วอันนี้เป็นเอกลักษณ์เฉพาะของสายขาว-เทา แม้แต่ ด๊อตคอมตอนเล็กๆก็มีแต่พี่วิเชียรอาจไม่ไดสังเกตุ
โดย jitti r - Wednesday, 2 August 2006, 12:17AM

ตามด้วย Dotcom

โดย mr.boy 22 - Wednesday, 2 August 2006, 11:51AM

"เรารักนายมอร์แกน" ตัวนี้เป็นหลานมอร์แกนเพศเมียอายุ1ปีครึ่ง
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 8 August 2006, 05:34AM

ขอบคุณคุณจิตติที่มาให้ความรู้ครับ

ด็อตคอมอิจฉา Ree and Thai-ger ที่ใส่แว่นแบบมีกรอบ

Wearing glasses seems to be typical of white-gray TBD.

Dotcom is just jealous and wants glasses with frame like that of Ree and Thai-ger.

โดย สมเกียรติ แม่กลอง - Thursday, 3 August 2006, 09:10AM

ของป๋มก็มีน่ะ

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Sunday, 6 August 2006, 11:16PM
  Are the spectacle markings favored?  In Keeshonds it's a fault for them not to have spectacle (glasses) markings.

This is a recent picture of Parsley from Ree and Tha-ger's litter (he lives in California), he has very faint spectacles.
Parsley

Rush has pretty good spectacle markings, Spice not very much, her head markings are more like her father's.

Amanda
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Monday, 7 August 2006, 12:32AM
  Parsley picture (didn't post in last message):
Parsley
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Monday, 7 August 2006, 05:12AM

I also like Keeshonds  very much, it looks like a hairy TBD.

http://www.bangkaew.com/upload/promote.htm

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 8 August 2006, 05:43AM

Are the spectacle markings favored? 

It is not required in the standard, but some people like me  favour it.

How about 4-eyes in Siberian Husky, is it written in the standard ?

Pup #1
Gray, Bi-eyed female
Kyrie's Nightengale
'O Pvt Stk
'Flo'
Going to show home in OH
Pup#2
Black Male
Kyrie's Night Watch
'Rembrant'-'Rem'
Barkarian Kennels

Pup#3
Black Female
'Happy'
Show quality, living in a companion home in
Houston, TX

Pup #4
Gray Male
Kyrie's Night Rider 'Alex'
Living in a companion home in Spring Branch, TX
Pup #5
Gray Female
Staying at Kyrie
Kyrie's Mythos
'Lovie'

from http://www.kyriesiberians.com/OurDogsBreedings.htm
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Tuesday, 8 August 2006, 06:32AM
  Any markings are acceptable for Siberians

Even the pinto or pibald marking on the dog below
Ayla

All Siberians are born with mask/spectacle type marking, but almost all of them loose those markings as they get older:
My girl Imbri (AM/INT CH Kyrie's Nightmare) as a 12 week old puppy:
Imbri puppy

Imbri as a 3 year old:
Imbri adult

A very few do keep their spectacles
Shriek (Arcticsun's What a Scream) as a puppy:
Puppy Shriek

Shriek as a 2 year old:
Shriek adult

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 8 August 2006, 08:50AM

It is interesting, new knowledge for me.

So  you  can  not  predict  what color,  what  marking, masked or not, with spectacle or without in the Siberians litter also, even  you know  their father and mother, can you ?

I misunderstand that 4-eyes is symbolic of Siberians and will stay there  forever even they grow up like my Thai-doberman 555.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Tuesday, 8 August 2006, 09:03AM
  With my line of Siberians I know what they will grow up to look like when they are born.  But I'm very familer with my line and have seen many generations from birth to old age.  Shriek is from a different line and I expected her to loose her markings and she didn't.  If she had been from my breeding she would have.  Doberman markings are different, they are pretty much born with what they will have as adults.

The Bangkaew puppies color has suprised me.  Thai-ger and Spice were black and white when they were born, they have ended up what I would call a dark sable (dark brown with black shading).  Rush and Curry were rather red when they were born and all htat has faded and now they are gray and white.  Karee was tan and has ended up light red with black shading.  Do all Bangkaew puppies change their color so much?

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Wednesday, 9 August 2006, 09:32PM

I called Mr.Jitti , but could not cantact him.
I hope he will come and answer you later.

As Dotcom and Namlaph(Numloph) are from the same line (Morgan), I will try to answer you first though I am not a breeder.

Morgan is a famous breed line and has created many champions as you can see in  the topic of  Morgan family in

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1934

Morgan has 3 colors as his ancestor includes white-black, white-grey and white-brown.

So I guess that  you have to predict the color of the litter by statistic method  ,  some may be white-brown  some may be white-grey and some may have 3 color.  But rarely   it will turn out to be white-black  I suppose.

How about your line of siberians, is it consisted of only 1 color  or mixed color ?   What do you mean when you said that you have develop your own line ?  any special characteristics ?

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 10 August 2006, 12:21AM
  I just need to figure out what color the puppies will eventually become.  This litter did not gorw up to be the colors I thought they would be.  It will take a few more litters for me to figure that out.

Quick simple explanation of Siberian colors:
Siberians have dominant and ressesive color genes. 

Black and gray are dominant and have various degrees of dilution.
Solid black, this dog also has a black undercoat
Shaman
Dilute black, this female has a white undercoat
Jade

Gray, this female is a medium gray
Divi

Wolf gray, notice the buff color to some of the undercoat
Tuvok

Red is a ressesive color in Siberians, the sire and dam must both be red factored to produce red.  Red to red can only produce red.

Very dark red, red undercoat
Banner

Lighter dilue red, white undercoat
Imbri

Irish marked (the pattern of marking on all the above dogs) is also dominant.  Pibald/Pinto markings and solid white (white is a marking not a color in Siberians) are ressesive.  Again sire and dam must both carry pinto or white to porduce pinto or white offspring.  White to white, all puppies will be white, Pinto to pinto all will be pinto.

As far as my line of Siberians, they all have a similar look to them, they have simlar conformation and very outgoing happy temperaments. 

This is a picture of my foundation dog Shaman (center) and his daughters (left) Cherish, (right) Jade. 
Shaman
They look very similar to Vinnie (Jade's son)
Vinnie
And here is Vinnie's first son Rem
Rem
All have similar head shapes, body proportions, leg length, etc.  I try to improve on my weaknesses with each generation while keeping my already good traits.

Amanda

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Saturday, 12 August 2006, 08:39PM

"I just need to figure out what color the puppies will eventually become. ..."

I have told Mr.Jitti,   he will try to find some pictures to show you instead, in order  to evade language problem.

I think the breeder with experience  will know  what colors the litter will grow up to be.  For example , dotcom in the litter looks like white-black or white-grey, but he puts in the pedigree that it is white-grey.
http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/file.php/1/moddata/forum/1/14438/_U_a_CO1.jpg

but when he was 5 months old, it surprised me to see his hair turn white-brown.

then, the marking on the body seems to change to white-black, while the mask of his head is still white-brown,

and little by little, the mask on his head is becoming white-grey along with the marking on his body.

This may be because his line (Morgan) has 3 colors from the beginning.

How about your line of Siberian, did you try  to develop it into a single color with unique pattern ?  and will you develop your line of TBD with the same idea as Siberian ?

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย Amanda Gibney - Sunday, 13 August 2006, 09:07AM
  With my Siberians I prefer black and white and gray and white.  I really don't care much for the red and white, it's very hard to keep their coats in condition it sunburns easier than black and gray.  Even though my Siberians do look simlar, it more by chance than design.  I breed for temperament (personality)  first, then movement (conformation & structure) and lastly type (looks, color).

With the Bangkaew my focus will be much the same as my Siberians.  They must first of all have excellent temperaments, thye must also have proper conformation.  Hopefully I will get get pretty breed type also and I'd love to have all the colors, even solids, eventually, but it's not my main focus.  With the litter I have now, Ree has the best temperament. Her sister Spice has a prettier head and better length of back, bit better front movement also, but her temperament is a bit, what I would call 'soft'.  She is more flustered by things and starts sometimes.  Ree is afraid of nothing, loves everyone and gets along great with other dogs.  So even though Spice is overall the better of the two, Ree's the one I'm planning on breeding.

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: BIS Puppy Win!!!
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 15 August 2006, 05:24AM

Thank you very much on behalf of Bangkaew.Community and the TBD themselves.   Hope you will succeed in developing your line of TBD into a good temperament, nice movement, and attractive looks.

There are a lot of things  Thai breeders should learn from you.

Let me summarize in Thai so that those who are interested will get the points.

ก็พยายามปั่นความรู้จากคุณ Amanda แห่งคอก Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew Dogs มาให้เพื่อนๆได้ฟังกัน  ต้องชมว่า แกตอบได้มีสาระน่ารู้ มีหลักการที่ชัดเจนในการพัฒนาสุนัขบางแก้ว  และ ที่สำคัญมีความใจกว้าง  กล้าวิจารณ์สุนัขของตนเองว่า ตัวไหนเหมาะหรือไม่เหมาะที่จะนำมาพัฒนาต่ออย่างไรให้เป็นความรู้แก่ผู้อื่น    น่าจะเป็นตัวอย่างที่ดีให้บรีดเดอร์ในบ้านเราก้าวพ้นจุดนี้ไปให้ได้  เพื่อให้เกิดการพัฒนาที่ยั่งยืน

โดยสรุปคือ การพัฒนาสุนัขบางแก้วของคุณ Amanda จะเน้นที่ Temperament เป็นอันดับแรก ตัวไหนที่ขี้ตื่น(flustered) เข้ากับคนหรือสุนัขด้วยกันเองได้ไม่ดี  จะไม่นำมาพัฒนาสายพันธุ์ แม้ว่าจะมีท่วงท่าดี  สีสันสวยงามก็ตาม

ท่วงท่าและโครงสร้างดี(Cornformation & Structure) เป็นอันดับสอง

หน้าตาสีสัน ( Looks ,color) ป็นอันดับสาม

ซึ่งเป็นแนวทางเดียวกับที่แกใช้พัฒนาสายไซบีเรียนของแก  ซึ่งบังเอิญว่ามันออกมามีหน้าตาสีสัน คล้ายคลึงกับต้นสาย  แม้ว่าแกอาจจะไม่ได้ให้ความสำคัญกับหน้าตาสีสันมากนักก็ตาม

Click to enter http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning3

Bangkaew.net and Bangkaew.org are for sale
See details at https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=bangkaew