i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 10:22AM

i am truck driver and a farmer. my friends here call me "baglady". i drive truck here in the usa, canada and the mexican border. my huband mike is a truck driver too. we have been married 20 years. i have 2 daughters. one in college the other in high school.  we live in michigan. it is in the northern mid west of america. we call it the great lakes states. i live 30 minutes from the lake michigan shore. we are the 4th generation of abbotts on this farm. it is 70 acres. we have many animals on our farm. 7 longhorn bulls and 30 cows, 15 horses, cats and more cats 60+, 2 border collie cow dogs and 1 old german shepherd dog. and someday i hope to share my farm with some thai bangkaew dogs too! i hope you like the pictures. i wish you peace ang good health in your house, my friends
Re: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 10:26AM

me
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 10:29AM

my truck
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 10:31AM

my husband
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 10:35AM

my daughter allyssa. she contests dog with me. she is expert trainer! that is her soon to be husband, brent. we are teaching him to be a farmer.
ตอบ: Re: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย toto peer - Friday, 24 August 2007, 09:48AM

Welcome to Bangkaew Community.  You seem to have such a nice family and farm.  I wish I had a farm like yours.  It is quite interesting to me that you are a female truck driver with very huge and long truck since I have never met a female truck driver in Thailand, except some female bus drivers in Bangkok.

My wife and I own five Thai bangkaew dogs for almost two years but we keep them as our watchdogs, not pets, to guard our property which is in the suburb of Bangkok.  So far they have done their job quite well.  However many people raise them as friends and for contests since these dogs look majestic and have good temperatment if they are well trained and selected from a reliable good blood line.

Hope your dream comes true in owning some Thai Bangkaew dogs.  And good luck.

ตอบ: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย Pisist Buranatanyarat - Friday, 24 August 2007, 09:18PM
  I am very glad to see you,Baglady, you are always welcomed to Thailand anytime when you feel free.You are the first lady whom I have learned that you are lady truck driver. We don't have such a lady in our country, for that reason,I need to inform that you are  an ironed lady whom to be needed everywhere in the world. According to your information, I can guess that your family is very happy. And I can say that you are very kind lady due to the fact that you are keeping many kinds of animals in your farm, would it be possible if I need to see some of your animals by photos?  Particularly the 2 border collie cow dogs. Your picture is very fantastic, your husband is also smart and your daughter and future son in law are very cute. I have one bangkaew dog,I keep it as my friend, he can make me happy by walking together outside residence after 5 in the evening. If you come to Thailand in the near future, I promise that I will take care of you during the time you are in my country,and I may also introduce myself that I am Assistant Vice President of Siam City Bank in Thailand. Anything you thaink I can be of service,please don't hesitate to inform me directly. With best regards.
Re: ตอบ: Re: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย robin abbott - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 11:10AM
  hello toto peer, it is very nice to me you.thank you for your kind words. is bangkok a bad place for crime? are your bangkaew trained for protecting? the german people train the shepherds for a sport of guarding. i have trained dogs for my mother and her family in the schutzhund protection. yes it is my dream to bring bangkaew here to america and train them for many sports. i have seen a dog today that is similar to the bangkaew. it is called the american indian dog. it is not as majestic or as noble as the bangkaew. it was a soft tempered dog with no courage. it would not protect itself or its owner. my truck is allowed to carry a total weight of 80,000 pounds but i am able to carry as much as 160,000 pounds with other trailers with more axles. i carry loads of dies, machinery, steel and any other flatbed loads. there are very few women who drive in america or canada, but more are training as there are no jobs here in america. is it hard for women to get driving jobs in thailand? it would be alot better if i could just drive to thailand and visit. i am afraid to fly in a airplane! well if i ever get courage enough to fly to thailand i would love to meet you and your wife! i have to go do chores soon so i take care and again it was nice to meet to friend!
Re: ตอบ: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย robin abbott - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 11:31AM
  hello pisist. it is nice to meet you! i will post a few pictures i took of my animals today when i got home. i am not a good photographer, but i tried. i love all my animals and i spend as much time with them that i can. each animal has a different personality, so it is never boring here watching they play. they all get along together very good. the border collies i have are from the top 2 breeders here in the usa for cow dogs. they have the tough temperment it takes to move 2,000 pond bulls around my farm, but are gentle enough to help tag calves. i could not do it with out them or some one would get hurt or killed. the parents of both dogs are top winning cattle dogs in the contests here. they are excellent obedience dogs because they are very willing partners to due your bidding. i would also like to thank you for your invite to thailand. some day maybe i will get a chance to come there and visit! well i have to do chores now, with this many animals it takes awhile to feed and visit with them. thank you again friend
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 4 September 2007, 08:44PM

Hi, Robin, I am back to Bangkok now.

Yesterday, I happened to see a movie called kingpin on my cable TV, Cinemax Channel.

It helps me understand how nice the Amish people are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingpin_(film)

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: i would like to introduce myself: i am robin abbott "baglady"
โดย robin abbott - Tuesday, 4 September 2007, 11:35PM
  hello pingpong i am so glad to hear from you, i prayed alot for your safe return home. i was very worried about your flight home! i have not seen the movie. i will try to see it at a truck stop soon. there is amish people on it? they must be actors dressed as amish? amish religous faith is very strong and very strict. they do not allow for electricity or technology in their lives. times are changing though and they are becoming more modern everyday. it was very different in my grand parents lives compared to mine. i had no electricity or television, no indoor water or toliets. no telphone or cars. we raised food and animals by hand. it was hard work but it has made me a better person. my husband is not amish but he lives by my wishes. i do not feel as if i missed life like other people. we are a very close community. everyone is related to the community. everyone must work hard to care for one another. there is no help from the outside world!! well i have to go do chores and put shoes on my horses now so take care my friend peace be in your house today! robin