Driving in USA
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Sunday, 19 August 2007, 10:57PM

Hello, everyone.

I am now in Phoenix, Arizona.

Challenged to drive in USA for the first time.

I will find Thai keyboard to tell the story later.

C U

Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Monday, 20 August 2007, 03:53AM

you are here in the usa! that is so cool!! i wish i had a load out to arizona so we could meet! where are you going? how long will you be here? i would love to finally meet you!!!!! are you going to go to a dog show here in the usa? i have so many questions i would like to ask you but it would take a life time on the computer! take care and remember dont talk to strangers! be safe on your journey! robin

ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 07:01AM

The problem in Driving in USA is that handle is on the left hand and you have to keep to the right side of the road.

It is not difficult to drive on the interstate highway, because there is a space seperated you from the opposite direction.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 07:16AM

But in some highway, there is no space between, you have to be alert not to keep to the left side of the road like in Thailand.

Most of the highway has  no space between, to be worse, some of them has only 2 lanes,  there will be many cars keep chasing you.  You will be the first car of the parade if you drive within the speed limit(like 65 or 75 mph).

You have to drive at 65+10 or 75+10 mph  or  let them go at the passing zone which has one more lane for you to keep right for a short time.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 07:30AM

And you have to be careful  not to get caught by the highway patrol police.

You have to stop at the stop sign, you have to drive slowly at the school zone, etc.

Although I have read a lot of information from the book "driving in the the USA" written by backseat driver, and have got the real feeling from the pc game "need for speed" with wheel handle.

I must admit that  it is not easy to drive in the USA.

Thanks for the rest area along the highway that helps me lower my stress and tension.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 11:51AM

Fremont experience street in downtown vegas.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 11:57AM

The roof will turn to be a big long movie screen with big sound effect.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 11:59AM

a Thai-Lao market in Las vegas
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 12:01PM

Visit sedona in Arizona.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 12:04PM

Join the Toastmasters International Conference Speech Contest at JW Mariott Hotel, Phoenix ,Arizona.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 12:15PM

Join the 16th year's memorial day of Wat Promkunaram, Arizona

Read the sad story of the temple at http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/buddhist_temple/index.html

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 20 August 2007, 12:19PM

Thanks for bangkaew webcam.

Pingpong is still with me.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 08:31AM

Most American people travel with cars.

And they will take their dogs to travel with them.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 08:35AM

Dog rests with its owner in the rest area along the highway.
Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 09:09AM

i cant believe we are so close yet so far! the truck in the picture is my neighbor. he is from grand rapids, michigan where i work. i drive a truck bigger than his! where are you going next? i did not know that there are other thai people here in the usa. i will try to contact them soon. take care and be safe on your way. "happy trails"

p.s. "dont drink the water!"

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 10:37AM

I am back to Bakersfield from Phoenix.

The picture of the dog with its owner was taken today somewhere on I-40 and highway 58.

You can find Thai community by visiting Thai temples or Thai restaurants or Thai markets which are located in most of states.  But I don't think all of them know  Thai Bangkaew dog, I myself just came to know them when I bought Pingpong 5 years ago.

I don't understand why you are in such a hurry to register Thai Bangkaew Dog in your club. The information you need is not easily gathered.  Even the Thai Bangkaew Dog club here  took many years for Asian Kennel Union to finally approve  and will take a lot more years until  FCI registers them.

In my opinion, you shoud send someone here in Thailand to select and buy your favourite dogs and try to learn from them first.

ตอบ: Driving in USA
โดย Patchara JARUTASNANGKUL - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 12:56PM

ระวังเวลาผ่านไปทางชุมชนไอ้มืดด้วย ควรเติมน้ำมันและตรวจสอบลมยางให้ดี การเข้าห้องน้ำหรือไปทำกิจกรรมอื่น ๆ ควรมีคนเฝ้าที่รถสักหนึ่งคนเสมอ

ผมมีนวกรรมใหม่ แป้งโรยตัวเด็กทำมาจากแป้งข้าวเจ้าไร้สารพิษ เช่น แร่หิน แอสเบสโตส เพื่อรุ่นพี่เข้าทำเพื่อวางตลาด

แร่หินถ้าเราหายใจเข้ามากๆ ก็จะสะสม อาจทำให้ปอดมีปัญหาได้ในอนาคต ในอเมริกาเค้าหลีกเลี่ยงไปใช้แป้งข้าวโพดแทน แต่นี่เขาให้แป้งข้าวเจ้า  ผมจะให้น้องนำไปฝากให้ที่บ้านเร็ว ๆนี้ครับ

ส่วนของผมคงต้องทำให้ลูก เป็นโครงงานในการเรียน เรื่องโซดาไลม์ ในการผจญเพลิง ?????????????

ตอบ: Driving in USA
โดย Leng Da' MaN - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 06:35PM

ขับรถดีๆนะครับถ้าจวนตัวจริงๆให้แจ้งว่าเราเป็นนักท่องเที่ยว ตำรวจที่นี่จะไม่ค่อยเข้มงวดกับนักท่องเที่ยวเหมือนกับคนพื้นที่

ที่ต้องระวังอีกที่คือในลานจอดรถครับ เพราะถ้าไปช่วงที่ไม่มีคนลานโล่งๆจะงงง่ายมากๆ

ไม่ทราบว่าใช้ใบขับขี่สากลหรือทำใบขับขี่ชั่วคราวที่โน่นครับ???

ข้างล่างขอเขียนระบายหน่อยนะครับ 555

Things that you gotta watchout.

1. Stop sign, Do a complete stop !!! not just slowing down or roll over, or else U got pull over.

2. Speed limit, depend on the area, most of the time you can go up to 5 Mph, more than what the sign tell you, or else U got pull over.

3. The head light, at night keep them on, or HELL they pull U over.

Most of the time I got pull over because I break one of the above rules. If you done all the things right, and they pull you over, the cop problemly get a little curious and wanna say hi.

Keep your driver licence and car registration in hand.

Good luck driving in USA.

Leng Da' Man (Leng148)

Ps. Miss you Florida

Oh, and COP please do not say have a nice day after giving me a ticket, it piss me off.

Re: ตอบ: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 08:29AM
  leng da man, you have been to the us. that is so cool! i did not know that many thai people have been here. i live in a very small community. we do not get alot of strangers here. you think you get pulled over alot try being me! i have to watch out for the car cops and the tractor trailer (semi) cops. i get in trouble every month. i just beat 2 tickets tuesday. 1 for third lane violation (no big trucks in far left lane) and 71 mph in a 55mph. if i had not beat them i would loose my job for 3 years. how do you afford the money to travel here in the us, it is very expensive! i paid $3.09 a gallon for fuel today. it cost me $1200+ to fuel my truck sometimes it last only 1 day. the thai people are very interesting to me. i would like to meet some here in the us. i read and study about thai culture every time i get home. but it not the same as reading all the thai letters you guys write here. the translater helps but i have to guess some words. how long were you here? when will you come back? take care talk to ya soon!
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 09:18AM
  hello again, i am in a hurry because: i would like to contest tbds here at my shows with my friends. we spend alot of weekends together at the shows. we go to training classes during the week just so we can spend more time with our dogs. i am not sure what fci has told the tbds owners about registration but i do know that ukc is owned by a man who is the controlling interest of akc and if the bangkaew gets ukc i will soon get ckc and then he will let akc get approval too. i have almost completed all the paper work they ask of me. i was raised amish. we are natural animal trainers. i have trained dogs for hunting, weight pulling, sled dogs, obediendce, herding and agility. horses for cutting, reining and penning and sorting. i raise cows for show and sport. as you see here we are dog crazy people we love our dogs. lots of things we do are with our dogs. we even have doggie day care. yes baby sitters! we take better care of our dogs than our childern. some people never have childern just because their dogs do not like them! most women here never marry, because their dogs did not like men!!!!! i do not take the bangkaew for the money. they will not sell here like they do in thailand. i only think that they will fit into my family well, as we are familiar with the tough breeds. i was a all breed trainer and handler for all the herding, working and sporting breeds and non sporting at akc and at ukc. my husband was also a trainer at akc. my daughter is the youngest child to win best in show at ukc and the dog was not hers. she has finished many breeds too! the bangkaew will be a family agreement. we have 15 horses, 30 cows, 7 bulls, 60+ cats, 2 border collies cow dogs. i live on a farm with 70 acres of land. i have thought about this for along time before i introduced my name on the thai forums. i did not know how to talk to the thai people. here in the us, whites do not like blacks and mexicans do not like chinese. it is not like that with my people! and i did not know if the thai people like white people. i have read one message that a man hated westerners like me. i am sorry there are bad americans here but i am afaid of them people too! thats why i said do not talk to strangers! i hope i have not offended thai people, i only want to help them as they have helped me. if all i can do is get them a little closer to getting their message out here about the tbds and how great a dog they are! thank you for all your time and i hope your stay here is good. and someday maybe i will get guts enough to go past my god and fly to thailand. be safe out there, my friend
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 11:37AM
  this is why i would like the chance to have a bangkaew in my family
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 12:00PM

I really appreciate your love towards our Thai Bangkaew Dog.

The problem is how you can get  your bangkaew dogs for the show.

The problem is not easy as Thai breeders are not acquainted with selling dogs online.

You can see how complicated it is to sell a dog as in http://www.bangkaewdog.com/puppies.htm

Mr.Jack in that website is a middleman and I am not sure he can help and satisfy you or not.

If you cannot come to Thailand to choose the dogs by yourself,  the best way, I think, is to visit Jill and Amanda in Texas as in

Barkarian Thai Bangkaew Dogs
Jill & Jonathan Wolens
Cypress, TX

Kyrie Thai Bangkaew Dogs

Amanda & Tim Gibney
Elgin, TX

http://tbdca.thai-bangkaew.com/BreederLinks.htm

I think  they should be glad to have an entusiatic member like you.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 01:36PM

i have spoke to many people here who have purchased dogs from mr jack, they are mad at him. he sells bad dogs they tell me. i have also spoke to the lady in texas. she is not willing to sell dogs to anyone here. she is not going to breed her dogs, she told me this awhile ago. she told me not to buy dogs from jack also. he sold her bad dogs too. i dont think she is interested in the bangkaews like she was in the past. there is no money in selling dogs here in america. it is a hobby not a job. people think they will get rich selling dogs but that is not true, that is why there are dogs in shelters. i have read in thailand they just put them out on the streets as strays but here you go to jail if you do that. so to many dogs make them worthless. horses are in this problem now too. we can not kill them now so there is no money now. we have many good honest breeders here but more bad than good, only thinking of money. i am amish our god tells us that greed is the root of all evil and i see some people that way! we do not win prizes or trophies or money at our dog contests, just a 10 cent ribbon. the entries cost $28+ per show and there is 4-5 shows a weekend, the gasoline costs $3.00+ a gallon and the motel costs $90 a night for 2-3 nights, you will travel at least 4 hours to the show.dog food is very expensive here.  it is a life i love to live! we do it for the bragging rights and our egos. for the love of our dogs and our doggie friends. that is why i breed carefully! it all adds up and a puppy will only sell for $50 to $100 if your lucky! the lady in texas did not get much money for her pups and ithink she was disappionted. she said she hopes to get akc approval so the pups will be worth more money. that will be so for awhile but then it will be like the rest of akc dogs. bad breeders will get in too(puppy mills). mr mongkol ask me "how much do i sell my best german shepherd dog puppies for" i said i cant even give a dog away that is in the top ten(#5). this is his picture below. he has his herding title and his obedience UCD title. GRCH. RHINE RIVER & CATTIN'S RAVEN UCD. FREE TO GOOD HOME! i also would like to sell the number one top ten, #4 best of all breeds top ten dog GRCH. CATTIN RHINES BLAZER he was on television too! and i still cant sell him! i gave away all my dogs FREE. my husband is a kind and gentle man who understands my love of animals, and i thank god for that! only he can understand why i spend so much money training and showing a dog i will never breed or be able to sell!!!!! but again i would like to say thank you for all your help and your letters, i look forward to some day we can meet. "safe trip" truckers tell each other this on the road, happy trails my friend 
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 02:07PM
  this is where my dogs are now www.crgsd.com they need to update it but you can stop by for a look if you like. it tells the story of our friendship and our love of "one good dog"
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย Leng Da' MaN - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 06:27PM
  I'll try to help you out when I'm home again. Gotta run for my friend wedding night.
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Wednesday, 22 August 2007, 11:09PM

Thank Leng Da' MaN and Patchara and Robin for your kind advise.

Although I made a lot of mistake (driving much more over speed limit, run into the left side of the road, turning on the winshield washer handle instead of giving turn-left-right signal light , etc), luckily enough, I did not get pulled over and paid the costly ticket by the good guy(police) and did not meet any bad boy who will rob me or steal my car. It was an exciting experience to drive more than 2000 miles to vegas ,phoenix and back to la.

I have learned a lot to be a good driver and will utilize it to drive safely in Thailand. But maybe I have to switch my instint from right to left again. กัดฟัน

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย robin abbott - Thursday, 23 August 2007, 05:33AM
  are you leaving now? bummer!!!! i sure wish we could have met? i would like to shake your hand in friendship! i cant believe you were on the wrong side of the road every one must have been freaking out! you thai people are really funny. leng is so cool i love his letter i read it to every one i know. they like the piss me off part!!! do you think that the thai people here would talk to me or do they not like white people? i would like to learn to speak thai. i know a little german from my amish family. a little spanish from the mexicans. i am glad you were safe here. there are alot of bad people here, they will kill you for $10. i drive a truck and carry a big gun! they would rape and kill me if they knew i was a women. i will pray for your safe flight home to thailand. give pingpong a hug and a kiss for me!!!!!
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: Driving in USA
โดย jitti r - Monday, 27 August 2007, 12:06PM

พี่ pingpong,

จะกลับอาทิตย์หน้าใช่หรือเปล่า มีเรื่องจะรบกวน คือ มีหนังสืออยู่เล่มหนึ่งผมสนใจมาก อยากจะซื้อมาอ่าน ผมได้สอบถามไปทางสำนักพิมพ์ในไทยแล้ว ราคา 1,280 บาท  แต่ใช้เวลากว่าหนังสือจะถึงก็ 1 เดือน พอดี ถ้า พี่พอจะมีเวลาหรือ พอจะฝากซื้อกลับมาให้ด้วย ก็จะขอบพระคุณอย่างมาก แต่ถ้าติดขัดอะไรก็ไม่เป็นไรครับ เดียวจะโพสท์ชื่อหนังสือให้ดู ... ถ้าซื้อได้ ช่วยบอกเบอร์บัญชี จะโอนเงินเข้าไปให้ . 

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 27 August 2007, 01:26PM

Items Ordered   
  1 of: The Joy of Breeding Your Own Show Dog (Howell Dog Book of Distinction) [Hardcover]
By: Ann Seranne (Author), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Item(s) Subtotal: $23.09
Shipping & Handling: $11.98
  -----
Total Before Tax: $35.07
Estimated Tax: $0.00
  -----
Grand Total: $35.07

Shipping & Handling is high because I use 2 day shipping in order to reach me before Friday.

โดย jitti r - Monday, 27 August 2007, 01:40PM

I am agree with this price , if you aren't troubled, let me know your account number please.  Liew has new baby born with Cat-eye  ( 10-08-2007 ) for you the best one in , have been looking.   Have a nice trips.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Monday, 27 August 2007, 10:39PM

Thank you, Dotcom is looking for his sweetheart, Dotnet.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:00AM

Yesterday, I went for sight-seeing at the downtown of LA.

It is difficult for me to drive in a big city like LA, and the ticket from the police is very expensive.

So I played safe by using the Amtrak bus.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:03AM

The bus took us to the main station of downtown LA, that is Union Station.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:06AM

We bought the one day pass of Metro red line subway (5 $) so that we can use all day. Many interesting places is along the route of red line.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:10AM

Interesting thing is that we need not buy ticket to get on the train.

The electronic gate doesn't work and there are no one to check the ticket in all stations.

But like ticket from the police, if you are unlucky, you will be fined 250 $

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:14AM

The train looks old and the station looks not as colorful as in Thailand or Japan.

Not so many poeple using the subway and there are no advertising board.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:19AM

The first station we went is Hollywood western.

The name,Thai Town, is recently got a formal approval from the city of LA.

The street  has many Thai markets, Thai restaurants, Thai spa and massages,etc.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:21AM

Thai entertainment center.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:23AM

We ate the typical Phitsanulok noodle at khun Oord Restaurant
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:26AM

The next station is Hollywood Highland.

The Chinese Theather and Kodak Theater are the highlight of the place.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:28AM

There are many funny performers on the street.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:32AM

Next station is Hollywood Univeral City.

The universal studioo is big and the ticket is  expensive, it will take you all day long to see and play inside the studio.

Since we have not much time, we just walk around the city walk to buy some souvenior.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:35AM

and took some pictures for good memory.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:40AM

We went back to the union station again.

The are many communinities established around here since the history of LA.

Opposite the station is the Maxican Community.

They are joyful people.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:43AM

If we turn to the right, we will find China Town, but since we have not much time, we chose to turn the the left to visit Little Tokyo which is near the highrise building of downtown LA.
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 12:47AM

Fortunately, there is a Japanese Dancing Festival to enjoy our memory.

The road is closed like Ginza or Shinjuku in Tokyo.

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 28 August 2007, 01:23AM

Apart from the exciting experience and enriching memories,

the long lasting thing I got from visiting downtown LA ,I think, might be the impression and inspiration from this monument, Ki-Bo.

โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Friday, 31 August 2007, 05:22AM

One important thing my Dad forgot to say is that

In driving in USA, it is very easy to rent a car , you can pick up a car from one place and return it at other places.

My Dad showed the international driving permit and the passport to rent a car, but it was not accepted, so he had to drive on his friend's old car (Toyota Celica 1990) through the desert of Arizona, lucky enough, it did not break down  during the travel. It just broke down this morning when his friend drives to work, the main hose from radiator torn off and all the coolant water came out in steam. Thanks for http://www.aaa.com for emergency road service

In order to rent a car, apart from  the international driving permit and the passport,   you need to show you original Driving License and the authorized translation of it (by Land Transportation Department of Thailand)

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Thursday, 6 March 2014, 06:43AM

Thanks Miang and Jub for their hospitality

taking us to Sedona
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Thursday, 6 March 2014, 06:45AM

and to the JW Marriot Hotel

https://www.facebook.com/notes/pijak-wonganudroj/%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87-a-house-in-the-desert/705712482806436

Bangkaew.net and Bangkaew.org are for sale
See details at https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=bangkaew