Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew Dogs
ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย SANMAI NG - Wednesday, 1 November 2006, 11:46AM
  ยิ้ม กัดฟัน ยักคิ้ว สับสน 
ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Wednesday, 1 November 2006, 08:14PM

Hi Amanda, congratulations for you dogs. ยักคิ้ว

I always feel they look like Dotcom in some way or other , especialy Num-loph.

How about the Judges,  did they know anything about TBD before ?

What are their impression or comments about Thai Bangkaew Dog ?

Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Wednesday, 1 November 2006, 10:41PM
  Most of the dogs that won do come down from Morgan, so they should look similar to Dotcom.

Both judges had quite a bit of time to study the Bangkaew Standard and I sent them lots of websites so they could see many pictures of Bangkaew. 

The Sweepstakes judge, Marti Rhyne, is a Siberian Husky and Canaan Dog breeder.  She was very impressed with the tempraments of our dogs, she says they're much friendlier and more stable than Canaan dogs.  She really liked the breed type on her Best winner, Thai-ger and Opposite winner, Spice.

The judge for regular clases, Stephanie Cotrell, is an Akita breeder.  She was also very impressed with the tempraments.  She did put up the Bangkaew with the chunkier more Akita like heads.  I think she was very consistant in the dogs she put up, they all look very similar.

Everyone had a great time, we had a huge Thai food banquet and Thai beer afterwardsยักคิ้ว

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Thursday, 2 November 2006, 08:39AM

Congratulation to khun Amanda  สับสน

Sawasdee krup, my name is Mongkol.

I am a breeder of TBD from Thailand and right now are working in Canton MI., when I saw your puppy bitches and I found that she has a good angulation for back leg. This thing is very good. I and my member club is tried to improve more back angulation many generation and now we can have this too. The future plan in my mind would like to have a good chest (broad-chest and deep), we believe that these two things will helpfull for good moving. Do you have any suggestion?

I believe that you are a real future TBD breeder and can more improve them to international dogs.

Great to talk with you,

Mongkol Dokrak.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 2 November 2006, 12:34PM
  Nice to meet you khun Mongkol.

I'm very pleased with my first litter of Bangkaew, nice heads, coats and angulation, though I will work on getting a little shorter backs. 

One thing I've observed in my many years with Siberian Huskies and now with the Bangkaew is fronts can be improved greatly with a lot of exercise when the puppies are young.  It helps with rear development some also.  I have a large yard (aboput 3/4 of an acre, not sure what that would be in Thai measurements) and the puppies get to self exercise for 8 hours a day.  This helps to really develop the chest.

I also try and keep the puppies with the shortest hocks and best, most balanced angulation.  I was quite lucky that Num-loph and Cur-mim complemented each other so well and produced such a nice litter for me.  I'm very thankful to khun Jitti for such nice foundation dogs.

I will hopefully get some better pictures of the puppies to post here once I get them a bit more trained.  They are all a bit understacked in their show photos.  They were all a bit too happy to show too, they had a hard time standing still, they all wanted to give the judges many kisses and had very happy wagging tailsยักคิ้ว

Amanda

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Thursday, 2 November 2006, 07:55PM

Some language problem, what do you mean by 

She did put up the Bangkaew with the chunkier more Akita like heads.

It will be very kind of you to think that  the readers here don't know much about technical term in English.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 2 November 2006, 08:27PM
  Bangkaew seem to have 3 different head styles/types.  To use other dog breeds to illustrate, there is a more 'heavy' 'large' head with more 'stop' and lots of backskull that reminds me quite a bit of an Akita head (American Akita not Japanese Akita).

This is one of Stephanie's Akitas, AKC CH Bushido
Akita
I think Num-loph and his kids Spice and Thai-ger have heads more similar to Akitas:
Num-loph

Some seem to have a more wolf or dhole type head, longer face, less stop, not as wide of a backscull:
Dhole
dhole
I think Cur-mim has a very wolf/dhole look to her:
Cur-mim

Some also seem to have a more Border Collie type head, plenty of stop, but less fill in the cheeks and a more 'refined' head:
Border Collie
So-phi is very Border Collie looking:
So-phi

That is how I think about the differences in Bangkaew heads.  I personally prefer the heavier heads, like Num-loph, Spice and Thai-ger.  But I would hate to see all Bangkaew look the same, I think the differences are a good thing.  Hope this explains my views somewhat.

Amanda
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Thursday, 2 November 2006, 08:27PM

Dotcom also takes exercise alot in the daytime. He keeps chasing and barking stray dogs passing outside  the front gate.  At night, he sleeps in his mosquito-net cage.

Mr.Jitti tells me to feed him by putting the bowl  high enough to keep him stretch his front legs. I do so, but Dotcom likes to pull his pieces of BARF down from the bowl, and eat it from the cage's floor.  This makes his front legs stretch not well enough.

I hope  letting him out of the cage in the daytime and having a lot of self exercise by chasing and barking stray dogs passing outside  the front gate help him to develop his legs and chest. the chest and angulation at the rear legs seem to have no problem.  But unfortunately, the windows at the front gate fence seem too low, he has to bow his head and front leg to look at the outside world,  I am not sure this is another cause that he usualy stands with a little bit bent front leg as in the picture.

What do you think about front leg,  is there any regulation that straight front leg is better ?

and do you have any suggestion to improve this ?

โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Friday, 3 November 2006, 07:24AM

Thank you very much,

In your answer I have a lot knowledge for breeding methodology. Exactly we must have more alitle shorter backs. And I am very appreciate with your suggestion for getting more chest. Could you more explain for a shortest hock? I think this thing can helpfull many breeder might be please including with the reason why we must be choose for a short hock also will be appreciate.

Yes, khun Jitti is a good breeder, he has long time for TBD breeding, the important that he made many his line breed planning for future generation.

Yes, please post those pictures of them. I want to see more nice your puppies.

Talk you later,

Mongkol. 

โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 3 November 2006, 10:16AM
  khun Mongkol,

I have seen many Bangkaew with correct short backs and square proportions.  My foundation dogs do have a bit longer back, so I will try and improve that in future generations. Shorter backs will be one thing I look for when I go to Thailand again for more dogs.

When trying to improve rear angulation it's best to choose puppies and adults that have shorter hocks.  Then there is more angulation in the rear and it's a stronger moving rear and less prone to being 'hocky' (cowhocked).

So-phi has a longer hock and very little rear angulation:
So-phi

Booker also has a longer hock and less rear angulation that I prefer:
Booker

Rush, pictured at 4 months old, has a shorter hock and more bend of stifle:
Rush

Thai-ger (Kyrie's Thai One On) at 8 weeks old, very nice short hock and angulation.  As you can see comparing him to his win pictures above they loose some angulation as they mature.  So it's best to choose a puppy that looks overangulated.
Thai-ger

Amanda
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 3 November 2006, 10:26AM
  Dotcom has a little more bend to his pasturn than he should, but it's not bad.  I prefer that over a pasturn that's too straight.  Flexability of the pasturn makes moving easier and more efficient.  A dog with straight pasturns will tire easliy and break down/become lame more easily.  This is very important in Siberians since they are supposed to be able to cover 100 miles a day pulling a sled.

My dogs all eat out of bowls on the floor of their crate/cage.  That has not affected them any. 

A yard big enough that they can get up to a good run is helpful.  It's useful for them to be able to run full tilt.  I have taken dogs that were raised in very small areas and had bad movement and improved them greatly.  My first AKC champion Siberian had a very bad rear, she moved very wide.  I exercised her for 3 miles, 4 times a week and she moved nearly perfectly after 3 months of this. She was the one that first taught me how important exercise really is for dogs.

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Dotcom \M/ - Friday, 3 November 2006, 02:42PM

Khun Mongkol, or anyone who knows the technical terms,  would you please summarize the above knowledge into Thai  and post it with your comments  for readers  who may not quite understand technical terms.

คุณมงคล หรือ ท่านใดที่เข้าใจศัพท์เทคนิค  ช่วยสรุปความรู้ข้างต้นให้เป็นภาษาไทยควบคู่ไปกับความเห็นของท่านหน่อยครับ เช่น pastern คืออะไร  เหยียดหรือหย่อนดี   ผมและท่านผู้อ่านคนอื่นๆ  จะได้เข้าใจ

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/Standard/DSC00215.JPG

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=354#2254

http://img.tfd.com/dict/51/61A1A-pastern.gif

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pastern

โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Saturday, 4 November 2006, 07:06AM

ในข้อความ a little more bend to his pasturn than he should หมายความว่า มันลาดเอียงไปนิดนึงกว่าที่มันน่าจะเป็นครับ  ต้องขออนุญาติท่านเจ้าของก่อนที่จพูดนะครับ

ในความคิดเห็นของผมเห็นด้วยครับว่าลาดเอียงนิดนึงแต่ก็ไม่ได้ผิดอะไรครับ....

ส่วนถัดมา..กรณีข้อเท้าตรงเกินไปก็ไม่ดีครับ เขายกตัวอย่างสุนัขลากเลื่อน หากมีข้อเท้าตรงเกินไปก็จะเหนื่อยง่ายและเคลื่อนที่ไม่ดี แต่หากมีข้อเท้าที่เหมาะสมจะมีความยืดหยุ่นที่ดีมีประสิทธิผลครับ... ครับส่วนนี้จึงเป็นส่วนหนึ่งของการดูการเคลื่อนไหวในสนามประกวดครับ... สุนัขของแกล้วนแต่กินอาหารบนพื้นกรงก็ไม่เห็นมีผลข้างเคียงอะไร.....

ส่วนอื่น ๆ คงพอเข้าใจนะครับ เพราะผมได้ post ตอบพี่จิตติไปบ้างแล้วในส่วนที่เหลือครับ

มงคล

โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Saturday, 4 November 2006, 08:08AM

Khun Amanda...

Exactly, I meaning is not all TBD but we have a lot still having litle not squared.

Yes, I see. A shorter hock is good for moving and angulation. Thank you again.

My home in Phitsanulok Thailand, if you might be need some information when you will be in Thailand please let me know.

My address are below;

mongkol.dokrak@us.yazaki.com 

mongkol.d@yazaki.co.th   I will go back on end of Dec this year.

Always great to talk with you,

Mongkol

โดย Dotcom \M/ - Saturday, 4 November 2006, 09:29AM

Thanks to Khun Mongkol  for explanation in Thai.

You are welcome to give comments on Dotcom.

We should have learnt a lot from Khun Amanda  how she flankly criticizes her own dog  in order to be a professional breeder.

I am glad to see Mr.Jitti criticize his own dog  too as in the topic follows,

It is the objectives of this website to  share knowledges and help each other to correct the undesirable aspects of Thai Bangkaew Dog and develop them into the correct  direction.

ขอบคุณคุณมงคลที่กรุณาให้ความเห็นเกียวกับด็อตคอมครับ

ด็อตคอมพร้อมน้อมรับคำวิจารณ์ที่สร้างสรรค์จากทุกท่านอยู่แล้วครับ    อย่างที่เคยบอก  ผมได้เรียนรู้จากคุณอมานด้ามากเลยในการที่เธอกล้าวิจารณ์หมาของตัวเองว่าตัวไหนเหมาะไม่เหมาะที่จะนำมาผสมเพื่อพัฒนาสายพันธุ์ต่อไป   เป็นวัตถุประสงค์ของเว็บไซต์นี้อยู่แล้วที่อยากให้มีการพูดคุยแลกเปลี่ยนความรู้ในการพัฒนาสายพันธุ์

http://img.tfd.com/dict/51/61A1A-pastern.gifเรื่อง pastern   ผมขอแปลว่าฝ่ามือและฝ่าเท้า(hind pastern)ได้ไหมครับ  เพราะเท่าที่ค้นจากดิกส์มันแปลว่าส่วนที่อยู่ระหว่างนิ้ว(หรือกีบ hoof)ถึงข้อมือหรือข้อเท้า ใช่ไหมครับ

ในส่วนของเท้าหลัง  เราอยากให้มีมุมขาหลังมากๆหน่อย  เลยต้องการให้ฝ่าเท้า(hind pastern)สั้นและเอียงทำมุมกับข้อเท้า(hock)มากหน่อย ถูกไหมครับ   อันเดียวกับที่คุณอมานด้าบอกว่า ต้องการ short hock หรือเปล่าครับ

ในส่วนเท้าหน้า  ฝ่าเท้า(pastern หรือฝ่ามือ)ก็ควรเอียงบ้างเล็กน้อยจากข้อเท้า(หรือข้อมือ)เพื่อความคล่องตัวในการวิ่ง  ไม่ทำให้ล้าเกินไป   คงไม่ใช่ให้หมาเหยียดฝ่าเท้าให้ตรงแล้วยืนบนอุ้งเท้า ใช่ไหมครับ

กรณีของด็อตคอม  อาจติดนิสัยยืนโดยที่ฝ่าเท้า(pastern หรือฝ่ามือ)เอียงมากกว่าปกติที่พอเหมาะ    น่าจะเป็นปัญหาที่แก้ได้โดยการเลี้ยงดู ใช่ไหมครับ   วานผู้รู้ช่วยชี้แนะด้วยครับ   ยินดีให้ใช้ด็อตคอมเป็นต้นแบบในการวิพากษ์วิจารณ์ครับ

โดย Dotcom \M/ - Saturday, 4 November 2006, 09:21AM

ขอนำรูปลิ่วของคุณจิตติ และ แนวทางการปรับปรุงที่คุณมงคลเอ่ยถึงมาให้อ่านกัน

ตอบ: พี่จิตติเงียบเลยเนอะ
โดย jitti r - ศุกร์, 3 พฤศจิกายน 2006, 10:34PM

ตอนนี้ เข้างานดึกครับ ขอบคุณสำหรับ พี่วิเชียรที่ โพสท์ข้อความเข้ามาให้อ่าน ซึ่งก็พึ่งจะได้อ่านจริงๆครับ ..

สำหรับมงคล คงจะสบายดีนะ รักษาสุขภาพให้มากๆ เดี่ยวให้ดู วิวัฒนาการของเจ้าลิ่ว พอโตมา อกหนีบเฉยเลย ก็กำลังทำการแก้ไขอยู่  ตอนนี้กระดูกยังไม่แกร่งพอ อีกสักเดือนจะเคี่ยวให้หนัก  ณ.วันนี้ ( 03/11/2549) ลิ่วอายุ 7 เดือน 20 วัน..สูง 21 นิ้ว ขาดความหนาไป เยอะเหมือนกัน ม่ค่อยจะยอมกินอาหาร

ดูรายละเอียดได้ที่  http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2167
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Monday, 6 November 2006, 09:16PM

ระหว่างที่รอคุณจิตติและท่านผู้รู้อื่นๆมาแลกเปลี่ยนความรู้เรื่อง มุมขาหน้า กับ อกหนีบ

ขอนำเรื่องสายเก่า สายใหม่ ที่ผมตอบในกระทู้ข้างเคียงมาโยงไว้ให้เป็นประเด็นในการพูดคุยกันต่อไป

ก็น่าจะฝากเป็นความรู้ให้กับท่านที่อยากจะเลี้ยงบางแก้วหน่อยนะครับว่า

บางแก้วจะมีทั้งสายเก่า สายใหม่

สายเก่า เท่าที่เคยได้ยินมา คือ กระเยอะ  ขาหลังตรึง(ไม่มีมุม)   และส่วนใหญ่จะดุ(ร้าย)

สายใหม่ คือ ความพยายามที่จะพัฒนาให้บางแก้วดีขึ้น เช่น ลดกระให้น้อยลง   ผสมให้มีมุมขาหลังมากขึ้น  และที่สำคัญคือให้มีความเป็นมิตรกับผู้คนมากขึ้น  แต่ก็ยังทำหน้าที่คุ้มครองป้องกันเจ้าของได้(ดุดี)

หากจะซื้อบางแก้วไปเลี้ยง   ก็ควรเลือกบางแก้วที่มีการพัฒนาแล้ว

บางแก้วโบราณที่ผสมโดยบรีดเดอร์มือสมัครเล่นตามบ้าน  จะได้ค่อยๆลดน้อยหายไป

โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ เบญจบุณยสิทธิ์ - อาทิตย์, 27 สิงหาคม 2006, 09:29PM

ลายจุดที่เห็นนั้น  บรรพบุรุษให้มา   เรียกว่ากระ   เรียกให้ไพเราะอีกอย่างว่าลายดอกข้าวตอกแตก    หมาสายเก่า  ส่วนใหญ่จะมี    สายใหม่ที่พัฒนาแล้ว  จะน้อยลงจนหายไป   อย่างปิงปองก็เป็น   ตอนซื้อมานึกว่ากระต่าย   โตขึ้นมากลับกลายเป็นเสือดาว

http://www.bangkaew.com/upload/laststory.files/R95-2.jpg

http://www.bangkaew.com/upload/laststory.htm

จากกระทู้  http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2111#19302

โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Tuesday, 7 November 2006, 05:25AM

Hi, Khun Amanda, sorry to post in Thai,  I am just trying to invite Mr.Jitti and other breeders to  to share ideas on angulation(both front and rear leg)  and chest development of TBD.

I have also linked the idea of classical TBD and contemporary TBD from topic on recommendation for new TBD lovers where pingpong is used as an example.

Pingpong is a typical  classical  TBD with no angulation in her leg , too many small dot marking which we call Kra, and above all she has a bad temporament and is not friendly with strangers and other dogs which you has put it top priority in your breeding strategy in http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1923 .

Many contemporary TBD breeders are also trying to do so to promote TBD into the interanational contest,   good movement, good structure and above all , not biting the Judges. กัดฟัน

โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Tuesday, 7 November 2006, 06:36AM

Attention to Khun Amanda....

Refer to the abovmention from K.Pingpong for the classical TBD line breed.

The case, If we need to to improve the next generation can competitive with other bfeed.

What thing we need to delvelope them?

How to do a breeding plan? (How many generation can developments them)

Regards,

Mongkol.

คุณปิงปองครับ   ที่ผมถามข้างบนนี้ไม่ใช่ผมว่าบางแก้วสายเก่าไม่ดีนะครับ เขามีส่วนที่ดีของเขาอยู่หลายประการครับ ผมว่าท่านผู้รู้หลายท่านสามารถตอบได้ดี    แต่ที่ถามนั้นเพราะต้องการทราบถึงแนวทางของผู้ประสพผลสำเร็จชาวต่างชาติที่ท่านได้เรียนรู้มาก่อนในสายพันธุ์ต่างชาติ ซึ่งพันธุ์นี้แหละที่เป็นคู่แข่งขันของบางแก้วอย่างเต็มตัวในสนามประนานาชาติในอนาคตนี้.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Tuesday, 7 November 2006, 10:46PM
  Thank you very much for translating into Thai.  I just wish I could comunicate better with all of you over there. 

I found my copy of a book called 'Dogsteps' and will be scanning most of it and posting it for all of you.  It has wonderful illustrations that decribe structure and movment much better than I can. 

For a breeding plan, each breeder must decide what is important to them.  Dog breeding comes down to 3 basics-Type, Temperament and Movement.

All 3 are important, but there are no perfect dogs, so as a breeder you must decide what you want to breed for and what you're willing to compromise on.

For me in breeding Siberians my priorities have always been:
1-Temperament
Most dogs I breed end up as family pets/companions, they must be sweet, outgoing and even tempered.  I also don't want a shy or aggressive dog to show.  Siberians are also pack animals and should get along with all other dogs, I won't breed a Siberian that is dog aggressive.
2-Movment
Siberians are working dogs, they were developed to work all day in brutal conditions pulling a sled.  A Siberian with poor structure and movement, to me, is just not a Siberian.  Every movement should be graceful and effortless.
3-Type
I do like a pretty dog, but in Siberians I will keep a puppy that's not as pretty if it moves better.  There are also many Siberians here and finding a pretty one to bring into my line is easy.

For Bangkaew my priorities are somewhat different:
1-Temerament
Is still first.  I must produce solid temperaments for the public here.  BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) is everywhere here, at this point causing problems mainly for the pit bull breeds, but it will become more widespead and affect more breeds.  Owners that have breeds that are on aggressive dog lists have a harder time getting insurance and finding housing also.  I don't want the Bangkaew to end up on those lists.  I will do my best to breed for great temperaments, spay or neuter dogs that aren't outgoing and confident.  Do my best to socialize puppies from the moment they're born so they have the best possible chance. Since they are a different breed with a different purpose I will allow some dog aggression and some reserve with strangers.  I expect the Bangkaew to be protective, but not vicious.
2-Type
With the Bangkaew I feel that type must be my second priority.  I want them to keep their uniqueness.  I don't want them to look like other breeds.  When I take them out in public here people don't know what they are but know they are a specific breed and not just some mixed breed or mut. 
3-Movement
Since I place so much emphasis on temperment I will give some on structure and movement.  But I'm less likely to breed a bad front than a bad rear.  A bad front will be with you for generations, a bad rear can be bred out in 1 or 2 generations.  Knowing what structural faults are is extremely important, especially when trying to eliminate them (I'll explain that much more when I post the illustrations from 'Dogsteps'). Exercise, conditioning and nutrition can also make big imporvements in structure and movement.

My first Bangkaew litter has taught me quite a bit, but also shows me I still have a lot to learn.  I'm hoping to have 1 or 2 more litters before I go back to Thailand for more foundation dogs.  I need to know what the dogs I have here produce so I know what to look for in other dogs to improve what I have. 

Amanda

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Wednesday, 8 November 2006, 06:41AM

Great job,

I'm very appriciate this your answer, and they can be adapt to do a breeding plan for TBD.

Thank you very much,

Mongkol.

คุณปิงปองครับม

ผมมีเวลาไม่มากวันนี้ เป็นไปได้หรือไม่ ช่วยแปลข้อความนี้เพื่อเป็นความรู้ให้กับ Breeder ของไทยบางแก้วเรา... ไม่ใช่ยกย่องเขาเกินกว่าคนของเรานะครับ แต่เราควรศึกษาจากเขาเพื่อพัฒนาในรูปแบบของเราครับ...

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Thursday, 9 November 2006, 05:36AM

ตอบ คุณมงคล

เรื่องบางแก้ว สายเก่า สายใหม่  นั้น  ผมประมวลขึ้นจากสิ่งที่ได้ยินได้ฟังมา    อาจไม่ถูกต้องสมบูรณ์  ช่วยชี้แนะด้วยครับ

ส่วนข้อแนะนำของ Khun Amanda นั้น ผมเคยแปลไว้บ้างแล้วในอีกกระทู้ก่อนหน้านี้   ขอโยงมา Re-use ใหม่ ขี้เกียจพิมพ์ใหม่ เพราะจิ้มดีดได้ช้า    ฝากท่านอื่นๆช่วยเสริมส่วนที่ขาดหายไปด้วยแล้วกัน 

ก็พยายามปั่นความรู้จากคุณ Amanda แห่งคอก Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew Dogs มาให้เพื่อนๆได้ฟังกัน  ต้องชมว่า แกตอบได้มีสาระน่ารู้ มีหลักการที่ชัดเจนในการพัฒนาสุนัขบางแก้ว  และ ที่สำคัญ  มีความใจกว้าง  กล้าวิจารณ์สุนัขของตนเองว่า ตัวไหนเหมาะหรือไม่เหมาะที่จะนำมาพัฒนาต่ออย่างไรให้เป็นความรู้แก่ผู้อื่น    น่าจะเป็นตัวอย่างที่ดีให้บรีดเดอร์ในบ้านเราก้าวพ้นจุดนี้ไปให้ได้  เพื่อให้เกิดการพัฒนาที่ยั่งยืน

โดยสรุปคือ การพัฒนาสุนัขบางแก้วของคุณ Amanda จะเน้นที่ Temperament เป็นอันดับแรก ตัวไหนที่ขี้ตื่น(flustered) เข้ากับคนหรือสุนัขด้วยกันเองได้ไม่ดี  จะไม่นำมาพัฒนาสายพันธุ์ แม้ว่าจะมีท่วงท่าดี  สีสันสวยงามก็ตาม

ท่วงท่าและโครงสร้างดี(Cornformation & Structure) เป็นอันดับสอง

หน้าตาสีสัน ( Looks ,color) ป็นอันดับสาม

ซึ่งเป็นแนวทางเดียวกับที่แกใช้พัฒนาสายไซบีเรียนของแก  ซึ่งบังเอิญว่ามันออกมามีหน้าตาสีสัน คล้ายคลึงกับต้นสาย  แม้ว่าแกอาจจะไม่ได้ให้ความสำคัญกับหน้าตาสีสันมากนักก็ตาม

ดูรายละเอียดได้ที่ http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1923

โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Thursday, 9 November 2006, 05:51AM

เรื่อง ขาหน้า ของ ด็อตคอม ได้ไปดู TBD Breed Standard ของชมรมไทยบางแก้วแล้ว    สงสัยจะไม่ผ่าน   ไม่รู้จะฝึกให้มันเหยียดตรงได้หรือเปล่า

โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Thursday, 9 November 2006, 05:58AM

มาตรฐานสายพันธุ์บางแก้วของสมาคมพัฒนาพันธุ์สุนัขมีการเขียนขึ้นมาใหม่ ตามชมรมฯดังนี้

จาก http://www.kcthailand.com/activity_bkw.asp

Forelegs : straight and strong, parallel when viewed from front. Pasterns are short and slope very slightly.
Feet :rounded and catlike.
Hind legs : lighter than forelegs, well angulated at the stifle and well let down hocks. Viewed from behind, the hind legs should be perpendicular to the ground.
Hindquarters :Strongly muscled with angulation in balance with that of the forequarters.

Hi, Amanda, still talking about the pastern of Dotcom, I just found it written in TBD standard, I am not sure it is a genetic problem. what do you mean by A bad front will be with you for generations, a bad rear can be bred out in 1 or 2 generations.
Good news for you, this is the season for new TBD litters, there will be 3 big events of dog shows in Dec and Jan. Hope you can come and select your new puppy for breeding plan.
Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Thursday, 9 November 2006, 09:00AM
  From years of breeding and research and talking to other long time dog breeders, the conclusion is that it's harder to improve fronts than rears.  If you breed a dog with a poor rear to a dog with a really good rear, then take the puppy with the best rear and breed it to another dog with a good rear, you should get mostly good rears.  A dog with a bad front can be bred to a dog with a good front and you will get some improvement, but it will take you typically 4-5 generations to breed the bad front out of your line.  Same with bad bites, if you have a dog with a bad bite, it takes many generations to get rid of it.  A bad tail can usually be fixed in only 1 or 2 generations. 

I will try and explain this more when I finished getting Dogsteps scanned, pictures should help.

Amanda

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Friday, 10 November 2006, 07:53AM

That is why I am must be always try to keep a good front and need to far away of a bad bites. And the first important that when we get that good front must be never go back to breeding a bad front again.

We will waiting for your next step.

Have a nice day,

Mongkol.

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Monday, 13 November 2006, 08:41PM

รอคุณมงคลมาเล่าถึงข้อดีของบางแก้วสายดั้งเดิมอยู่ครับ    ไม่อยากเรียกว่าสายเก่า  เพราะไม่แน่ใจว่าคำนี้มีใครนิยามไว้เป็นเรื่องเป็นราวหรือเปล่า  หรือว่าพูดๆกันไป

เสาร์อาทิตย์ที่ผ่านมา   ได้มีโอกาสไปเยี่ยมคอกสุนัขบางแก้วหลายคอกทางฝั่งทะเลด้านตะวันตกมา   พบว่าลูกสุนัขบางแก้วที่เกิดมาหลายครอกมีมาร์คกิ้งที่สมดุลย์และหางเป็นสีขาว   ไม่แน่ใจว่าเป็นความตั้งใจในการบรีดเพื่อให้ได้สุนัขที่หางขาวหรือไม่   แต่โดยส่วนตัวแล้วชอบหางขาว    และเห็นว่าบางแก้วที่มีหางขาวอย่างเจ้าอะราชิหรืออีกหลายๆตัวดูแล้วมีความสง่างาม  มองเห็นเด่นชัดแต่ไกล

เรื่องของสีหาง  ก็แล้วแต่ว่าใครจะชอบสีอะไร   ไม่มีกำหนดไว้ในมาตรฐานว่า หางจะต้องเป็นสีนั้นหรือสีนี้   แต่เข้าใจว่า คงเป็นเพราะมีผู้ใหญ่ในวงการบางแก้วท่านหนึ่งให้ความเห็นว่าบางแก้วควรจะมีหางเป็นพวงสีขาวจากโคนหางถึงปลายหาง  เพื่อให้เกิดความสง่างามเป็นเอกลักษณ์ของบางแก้ว    จะถูกผิดประการใด  ก็คงไม่มีใครไปบังคับ   ก็คงต้องรอให้เป็นไปตามแต่ความนิยมของตลาด

แต่อย่างหนึ่งที่อาจกล่าวได้ก็คือ  ถ้าไม่มีผู้ใหญท่านนี้แล้ว   เราอาจได้เห็นบางแก้วสายดั้งเดิมที่มีกระเต็มตัววิ่งอยู่เต็มถนนเหมือนเจ้าฮายีนา 2 ตัวนี้ก็ได้

ผู้ใหญ่ท่านนี้แหละที่ในอดีต  เป็นคนบอกให้คัดสุนัขที่มีกระมากเกินงามออกจากสนามประกวด   ทำให้คอกต่างๆต้องหันมาสนใจในการบรีดสุนัขบางแก้วที่มีสีสรรสะอาดมากขึ้นอย่างที่เราเห็นทุกวันนี้   อาจเรียกได้ว่าเป็นอวสานต์ของสุนัขสายดั้งเดิมที่มีกระบนเวทีประกวด ก็น่าจะได้

Hi, Amanda , Pingpong has just found his true ancester in the recent photo as above. กัดฟัน   What do you think about Kra ( small dot marking),  do you think it is a problem or not ?   Recently, TBD breeders seem to be breeding litters with no Kra and having big white tail.

โดย รุ่งรวี ดอกรัก - Tuesday, 14 November 2006, 06:59AM

ยุ่งเรื่องงานต่างพื้นที่ครับ

พูดถึงบางแก้วเดิม จะมีขนคงความเป็นเอกลักณ์ที่ดี เช่นมีขนสองชั้นยาวเหมาะสม(พอสมควร) มีขนอ่อนที่โคนกกหู แข้งสิงห์ชัดเจน และที่สำคัญมีใบหูเล็กรูปสามเหลี่ยม เป็นต้น  ในความคิดของผมเองอยากจะเห็นบางแก้วปัจุบัน คงรักษาเอกลักษณ์นี้ควบคู่กันไปด้วย  เพราะว่าสิ่งนี้ก็เป็นอีกจุดหนึ่งที่ทำให้เราเห็นความแตกต่างจากพันธุ์อื่นชัดเจนครับ (ที่เขียนเช่นนี้มิใช่ปัจจุบันนี้ไม่มีสิ่งเหล่านี้นะครับ มีอยู่หลายคอกที่ทำอยู่ครับ)

ซึ่งทางผมเองก็กำลังมองหาสิ่งต่าง ๆ เหล่านี้เข้ามาพัฒนาในคอกผมเหมือนกัน เพราะยังมีเอกลักษณ์น้อยไปนิดนึง

มงคล

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย Amanda Gibney - Tuesday, 14 November 2006, 07:04AM
  Your breed standard makes no preference for markings.  While people may have colors and patterns they prefer for me it's not something I see as a problem.  I worry much more about temperament and structure than if there are Kra markings.  There is quite a bit of variety in Bangkaew markings and color, I would love to see that preserved.  I personally don't like red Siberian Huskies, I much prefer gray. I also dislike blue eyes, I much prefer dark brown/black.  But when I choose what puppy to keep out of a litter coat and eye color don't matter, I keep the best puppy regardless of coat and eye color.

Amanda
ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: 2nd Annual TBDCA National Specialty Results
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Wednesday, 15 November 2006, 05:36AM

ขอบคุณคุณมงคลที่มาเล่าข้อดีที่ไม่ควรลืมของบางแก้วสายดั้งเดิมให้ฟัง

Thank Khun Mongkol to let me know about the good sides of TBD.( Good double coat, good small triangled-ears , good flur beneat ears , long hair behind forelegs ).

Pingpong feels  great that you don't mind her Kra marking and would love to see that preserved.  But unfortunately , she has a bad  temperament. มารร้าย

Dotcom is still pround of his big white tail and squared body with no Kra marking.

Do you think his hock and back is short enough ?

How short when you talk about short-hock and short-back ?

Click to enter http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning3

Bangkaew.net and Bangkaew.org are for sale
See details at https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=bangkaew